I’ll show finished later . Later has arrived…
It’s another version of the socket part of the ball and socket linkage back at the transmission. Other versions I made a while back here .
The idea of the spiral grooves is to retain some grease … that’s a tumbled finish on the part, gonna paint it. Bore hasn’t been deburred in this pic. The end has a rim to help keep the boot on.
M6 bolt goes up through the shift rod.
End of day today made another, slight changes. Any excuse to use this lathe .
Not finished, but you get idea. More thickness at bottom and a more sexy ridge at top for boot .
There is one thing I haven’t said.. one more step. I’ll show when done.
And done. I’ve done away with the roll pin years ago. The split clamp and bolt better, especially as the shift rod probably worn and the roll pin hole wallowed.
#1 by Pete Richardson on December 19, 2022 - 7:29 am
Just browsed over to see what shooftie was up to and voila!
I like your incremental improvements on the shift mechanism. I figured out the through bolt connection too. Used an aftermarket billet item. Also tightened up all bushings with delrin and a short throw kit up front. For a gain in vibration reduction through the shift rod itself I filled it with sand and sealed up the ends with JB weld. My theory is that the added mass deadens any transient vibes from the transaxle/engine.
Wishing you a merry Christmas. Pete in Hamilton.