As if I don’t have other things to do, I’m making a muffler for the van. I’ve had the idea for years so why not give it a go eh? Scrounged materials used:
– perforated stainless tubing for the straight through internal pipe, 2.25″ diameter, wall thickness about 3/32″
– a section of 6″ diameter stainless tubing for can, again about 3/32″ wall.
– 2″ diameter stainless tubing for in and out pipes, 3/32″ wall.
– some stainless sheet for end caps, a hair under 3/32″ thick this time.
– stainless swarf from some big ass lathe for internal packing.
I made a start yesterday, got good buddy Dave to do the TIG work, hope to have it finished in the next couple of days.